tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Haugsand <Jon-H.Haugs...@norges-bank.no>
Subject Is hot deployment really possible with tomcat?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:49:23 GMT
Hello,

I have now tried in a week to get hot deployment to work with tomcat.
I cannot get it work at all.

I run jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24 on a Linux.  I have one war file,
tilgang.war.  If I drop this in webapps, it get deployed during
startup.  However, if I drop this into webapps when tomcat is running,
nothing happens.  Is this correct?  Shouldn't this be autodetected so
it can be reloaded automatically?

However, if I include a <Context> element into conf/server.xml nothing
at all happens.  Here is my Context:

	<Context path="/tilgang" docBase="tilgang" debug="99"
	  reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
                     prefix="banklab7_tilgang_log." suffix=".txt"
        	  timestamp="true"/>
         </Context>

Now it does not even help to stop and start tomcat.

But hot deployment works very well when tomcat is bundled with JBoss.

--
 Jon Haugsand, Jon-H.Haugsand@norges-bank.no
 http://www.norges-bank.no