tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: IP based access control
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:09:17 GMT
Not out of the box.  However it's an easy enough plug-in to write.
Something like:

import org.apache.tomcat.core.*;

public class MyIPAccessController extends BaseInterceptor {

   MyIPAccessController() {
       // Possible init stuff
   }

   public int requestMap(Request request) {
       if(! validate(request) ) {
            return 403;
       }
   }

   private boolean validate(Request request) {
      // You're validation code here.
      // At this point, the request is already mapped, so you have all the
info you need
      // from the Request methods (e.g Context, servletPath, PathInfo).
  }
}

Other methods you might want to implement include:

   public void engineStart(ContextManager cm) throws TomcatException {
      // Another possible init point.
      // Ignore this one if you don't require engine state info.
   }

   public void engineStop(ContextManager cm) throws TomcatException {
      // Global cleanups.  Ignore it if you don't need it.
   }

   public void contextInit(ContextManager cm, Context ctx) throws
TomcatException{
     // Place for per-context info.  Ignore if not required.
   }