tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Security question
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 03:46:53 GMT
It can't be done (at least without hacking :).  The servlet-spec only tells
how to secure a page.  There is no concept of un-securing a page.

If you are using iPlanet+Tomcat, and the un-secure areas are all static
content, then you can configure iPlanet to serve the un-secure areas
(bypassing Tomcat's security checks).  If it works, this is probably the
easiest.

Otherwise you probably would need to plug in your own custom Authenticator
that would be smart enough to un-secure some configured set of URLs.