tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sven Kuenzler <>
Subject Restrict WebDAV servlet to context subdirectory
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 10:56:10 GMT
I would like to use the webdav servlet in the context of another web
application. In particular, WebDAV only should make files beneath a
certain subdirectory, say "docs/usr", available.

So I tried:

However, this produces strange behaviour trying to do a PROPFIND on
several locations.
If I try to access /webapp/docs/usr, PROPFIND returns the files
contained in the directory. That's what I expected.
If I try to access /webapp/docs/usr/, PROPFIND gives *all* files beneath
the webapp root.
If I try to access /webapp/docs/usr/foo.txt (which exists in the
folder), I get an 404 Not Found.

I looked into the WebDAV servlet if I there is a "mount point" parameter
or something like that. But there is not.

Anything else to try?

Thanks, Sven

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: