tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Bapat <roh...@eden.rutgers.edu>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.1.24/Win2K - Servlet not found.
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:06:39 GMT
Thanks everyone for your quick replies. I added Yoav's code snippet to
my web.xml and it worked just fine. Thanks Yoav.

I just have one more question, why does the url
http://localhost:8080/myApp/servlet/TestingServlet work, while

http://localhost:8080/myApp/servlet/Testing not work, even though I
mention the <servlet-name> as "Testing" ? Isn't Testing supposed to be
'alias' for the whole name?

In that case, what is the use of the <servlet-name> tag?

Thanks
Rohit.