tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chad Lemmen <c...@lemmen.com>
Subject Tomcat error message with EspressReport
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:53:20 GMT
I'm trying to set up a servlet with EspressReport.  EspressReport is a
report writer that connects to a database and generates a report.  I'm
using Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.3.19.  Tomcat is writing this error on my
screen when I try to load the EspressReport servlet in a browser.  The
EspressReport report is not being returned to the browser.

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
quadbase.reportdesigner.ReportAPI.QbReport can not access a member of
class org.apache.tomcat.facade.HttpServletRequestFacade with modifiers
"public"

What does this mean?  If it would help I can post the code of the class
file for this servlet.