tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Carrillo <tom...@daydream.stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Tomcat and Linux
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 20:02:12 GMT

Look at my website on Tomcat installation. At the bottom of the page there
are descriptions of how to do it along with my daemon scripts that you
can use. Just change the location of executables in the scripts, or create
symbolic links.

I remember it was tricky to do shutdown properly, so I advise you to look
at my HOWTO. It's easy to think that tomcat is shutting down, when it
really is just being killed. Also, I have a status command in the daemon
script for seeing how many threads are being used for tomcat and their
PIDs.

If you follow my HOWTO I don't think you'll have any problems.
http://daydream.stanford.edu/tomcat/install_web_services.html

Oscar