tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mindaugas Genutis <mindau...@elinara.ktu.lt>
Subject RE: IOException: failed to communicate with MySQL
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:19:54 GMT

> a couple of days ago a post went by talking about MySQL default timeout
> being set to 8 hrs for connections... betting this might be your problem...

Thanks for pointing this out. I've read the thread "Tomcat problems every
morning". However, no solution was suggested in that thread. One can
assume the solution implicitly: increase default MySQL timeout from 8
hours to say 48 hours. However, if my application stays idle for 48 hours
during holidays, it will disconnect after that.

Does anyone else have a suggestion on how to improve on this?

--
Kaunas Regional Distance Education Center
Programmer