tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Eric J. Pinnell" <e...@iCky.org>
Subject Re: Problems with mod_jk2
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:40:04 GMT
G'day,

Ya.  You are right.  I think tomcatId is just something tomcat uses to
internally to keep track of the workers.  It could be anything such as

tomcatId=worker1:8009

but you really define the host and the port in the [channel...] section as
you mention.  You could have multiple workers pointed at the same host on
the same port.  The only way to tell them appart is by the tomcatId.  (I
think).

There is a little bit of difference between the configs if you run tomcat
and apache on the same box or if they are two seperate boxes.  I think
that is the most confusing part/lack of docs.

-e

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, NormW wrote:

> Good morning Eric.
> The setting format for 'config.file' at least confirms what a trowel through
> the source code turned up. Thanks.
> The 'TomcatID' parameter is also alternately named 'route' in mod_jk2, and
> is, I think, used mostly in load-balance situations, where, at the Tomcat
> end, it is called 'jvmRoute' on the <Engine element.
> The port and address are not 'normally' needed as mod_jk2 will also use the
> channel.socket name elements [channel.socket:<host>:<port>] for these
> parameters... (which is not entirely kosher in my view). Hence the clearest
> method would be to include both the port= and host= parameters under the
> [channel.socket:.....] section.
> I _think_ this helps.
> Norm
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Eric J. Pinnell" <eric@iCky.org>
> To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 9:52 AM
> Subject: Re: Problems with mod_jk2
>
>
> > Here is a simple config to get if off the ground for a TCP connection:
> >
> > After you have loaded mod_jk2.so in the modules directory of apache add:
> >
> > LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
> > JkSet config.file /path/to/apache/conf/workers2.properties
> >
> > to your httpd.conf file.
> >
> > Then in /path/to/apache/conf/workers2.properties put:
> >
> > [shm]
> > file=${serverRoot}/logs/shm.file
> > size=1048576
> >
> > # Example socket channel, override port and host.
> > [channel.socket:ip.number.goes.here:8009]
> > port=8009
> > host=ip.number.goes.here
> >
> > # define the worker
> > [ajp13:ip.number.goes.here:8009]
> > channel=channel.socket:ip.number.goes.here:8009
> >
> > # Uri mapping
> > [uri:*.jsp]
> > worker=ajp13:ip.number.goes.here:8009
> >
> > You can also use tomcatId instead of calling out the host and the port.
> >
> > Then use the jk2.properties file that comes with tomcat.  This is the one
> > that has everything commented out.  You don't need it because apache is
> > doing the work.
> >
> > Use the default Connector entry in server.xml for the Coyote/JK2
> > connector.
> >
> > This creates a simple single worker, non-loadbalanced connection.  You can
> > look at the example workers2.properties that comes with the connectors
> > source and get an idea how to do loadbalancing.  But basically you create
> > loadbalancing workers and add workers to the load balancer group.  Then
> > you map the URI to the loadbalancer group and it uses the workers you
> > defined in that have in that group to connect to Tomcat.
> >
> > At least that's what I have been working with.  Seems to work.
> >
> > -e
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, 24 Jun 2003, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all.
> > >
> > > "mod_jk2" is bugging me properly. It is not working right now and it
> never did. I could have made a number of mistakes, so if someone could point
> at them, I'd be grateful. This are the relevant files:
> > >
> > > jk2.properties
> > > --------------
> > > handler.list=request,container,channelSocket
> > >
> > > channelSocket.port=8009
> > > channelSocket.address=192.168.61.16
> > > --------------
> > >
> > > server.xml
> > > ----------
> > > [SNIP]
> > >
> > > <Service name="Tomcat-Apache-JK2">
> > >     <!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
> > >     <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
> port="8009" minProcessors="5"
> > >        maxProcessors="75" enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
> acceptCount="10" debug="0"
> > >        connectionTimeout="0" useURIValidationHack="false"
> > >        protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>
> > >
> > >     <Engine name="ajp13" debug="0"/>
> > >     <Host name="Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu" appBase="/usr/users/test/webapp">
> > >       <Context
> docBase="/usr/local/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/webapps/tomcat-docs"
> > >                path="/tomcat-docs" />
> > >       <Context docBase="evracun" path="/evracun">
> > >   </Host>
> > > </Service>
> > > ------------
> > >
> > > worker2.properties
> > > --------------------
> > > [logger]
> > > level=DEBUG
> > >
> > > [config:]
> > > file=${serverRoot}/conf/add-on/workers2.properties
> > > debug=0
> > > debugEnv=0
> > >
> > > [uriMap:]
> > > info=Maps the requests. Options: debug
> > > debug=0
> > >
> > > # Alternate file logger
> > > [logger.file:0]
> > > level=DEBUG
> > > file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.log
> > >
> > > [shm:]
> > > info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with
> multiprocess servers
> > > file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm
> > > size=1000000
> > > debug=0
> > > disabled=0
> > >
> > > [workerEnv:]
> > > info=Global server options
> > > timing=1
> > > debug=0
> > > logger=logger.file:0
> > >
> > >
> > > [channel.socket:Test.ev.co.yu:8009]
> > > info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
> > > debug=0
> > > host=Test.ev.co.yu
> > > port=8009
> > >
> > > [ajp13:Test.ev.co.yu:8009]
> > > channel=channel.socket:Test.ev.co.yu:8009
> > >
> > > [status:status]
> > > info=Status worker, displays runtime information
> > >
> > > [uri:Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu/jkstatus]
> > > info=Display status information and checks the config file for changes.
> > > group=status:status
> > >
> > > [uri:Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu/evracun-jk2/*]
> > > info=EVracun application on Test.ev.co.yu
> > > context=/evracun
> > > group=ajp13:Test.ev.co.yu:8009
> > > -------------------------
> > >
> > > apache_error.log
> > > ------------------
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:20 2003] [notice] mod_jk.post_config() first
> invocation
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:22 2003] [notice] LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:22 2003] [notice] LDAP: SSL support unavailable
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:23 2003] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest
> authentication ...
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:23 2003] [notice] Digest: done
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] [notice] mod_jk.post_config() second
> invocation
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 26827 in
> scoreboard
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] [error] jk2_init() Can't find child 26576 in
> scoreboard
> > > ------------------
> > >
> > > jk2.log
> > > -------
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:19 2003] ( info ) [jk_logger_file.c (184)]
> Initializing log file /usr/opt/Apache-2.0.46W/logs/jk2.log
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:22 2003] ( info ) [jk_logger_file.c (184)]
> Initializing log file /usr/opt/Apache-2.0.46W/logs/jk2.log
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (error ) [jk_logger_file.c (172)]  Can't open
> log file /usr/opt/Apache-2.0.46W/logs/jk2.log
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (377)]  uriMap.init()
> Fixing Host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> null context null host *
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> /jkstatus context null host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> /evracun-jk2/* context /evracun host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] ( info ) [jk_uriMap.c (490)]  uriMap:
> creating context Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu/evracun
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> null context null host *
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> / context / host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> / context / host *
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> /evracun context /evracun host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] ( info ) [jk_workerEnv.c (403)]
> workerEnv.init() ok /usr/opt/Apache-2.0.46W/config/add-on/workers2.prop
> > > erties
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (error ) [mod_jk2.c (557)]  mod_jk child init
> 1 -2
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (error ) [jk_logger_file.c (172)]  Can't open
> log file /usr/opt/Apache-2.0.46W/logs/jk2.log
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (377)]  uriMap.init()
> Fixing Host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> null context null host *
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> /jkstatus context null host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> /evracun-jk2/* context /evracun host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] ( info ) [jk_uriMap.c (490)]  uriMap:
> creating context Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu/evracun
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> null context null host *
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> / context / host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> / context / host *
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (debug ) [jk_uriMap.c (464)]  uriMap: fix uri
> /evracun context /evracun host Kerberos-1.ev.co.yu
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] ( info ) [jk_workerEnv.c (403)]
> workerEnv.init() ok /usr/opt/Apache-2.0.46W/config/add-on/workers2.prop
> > > erties
> > > [Tue Jun 24 14:22:24 2003] (error ) [mod_jk2.c (557)]  mod_jk child init
> 1 -2
> > > ----------------
> > >
> > > Any idea?
> > >
> > > Nix.
> > >
> > >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: tomcat-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: tomcat-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message