tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: multiuser setup: please help
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:01:48 GMT
If you're looking for another option, download the eclipse IDE ( ) and use the tomcat plug in
will give you a totally
integrated IDE and App Server environment, and you're not stuck waiting
for another forte/sun one release before you can develop. The plug in
supports a very broad range of tomcat versions. Eclipse has a linux
version too ( in fact, I think it may even be written in java ) ! :-)

John Turner <>
30/06/2003 13:55
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     Tomcat Users List <>
        Subject:        Re: multiuser setup: please help

Great, glad you got it working.

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:18:11 -0230 (NDT), Neil Zanella

> Thanks John! All I had to do was upgrade my Tomcat installation from
> the 4.0.1 version which comes with Java Sun One Studio (and is still
> being distributed at the Java site, huh!) to Tomcat 4.1.24, which at
> least is a stable release!
> I don't know why Java is still distributing j2sdk-1_4_1_02-s1studio_ce-
> 4u1-bin-linux.bin
> with Tomcat 4.0.1. They should make a new
> release with the updated Tomcat version
> (or not distribute Tomcat at all and
> encourage users to download the
> latest)!