tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe McGranaghan" <draego...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: XP - JDev - forward() - NoSuchMethodException
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:04:05 GMT
Yes, this could be the problem. Because I develop on my localhost, my system
$CLASSPATH variable has the JDeveloper path, as well as the JDK path as
well. So how can I tell tomcat to only look in ($CATALINA_HOME/common/lib).

Also, wouldn't tomcat throw an Exception on startup if it were attempting to
load another servlet.jar?

This is the stack trace:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:260)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:432)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:386)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:534)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:530)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingEvent.(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpSession;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
	at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.setAttribute(StandardSession.java:1262)
	at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:191)
	at
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSessionFacade.setAttribute(StandardSessionFacade.java:191)
	at lul.servlets.SearchAttribSetter.doGet(SearchAttribSetter.java:53)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
[...]

Apache Tomcat/4.1.18