tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Antony paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject How to serialize an object which is put in the session ?
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:07:03 GMT

I have a class which implements the HttpSessionBindingListener interface. I
want to serialize this object and all sessions when the context is reloaded.
It is essential because three deveopers are using the same server and if ine
user compiles a servlet all users get a nullpointer exception. I am using
Tomcat 4.1.18. The class implements the Serializable interface. But it is
throwing Nullpointer exception after reload. How to know that the object and
session is saved when the context is reloaded. I tried changing the
debugging levels of Engine element and Context element. Still Tomcat is not
giving any debug information about what it is oing when the context is
reloaded. The 4.0.3 version gves better logs.

Antony