tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Chang" <wch...@pnwsoft.com>
Subject RE: Does Tomcat is OK?
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:45:16 GMT
Hi Reynir,

I'm currently in the process of load testing my application.  How do you
think I should do it?  I'm currently using OpenSTA.

Best regards,

Wayne Chang
Pacific Northwest Software
Mobile:     (978) 869-3446
Email:       wchang@pnwsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Reynir Hübner [mailto:reynir@hugsmidjan.is]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 6:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Does Tomcat is OK?

Hi,

Performance of such application is more or less based on how it's
implemented, and the hardware it runs on.
Tomcats performance is quite good in comparison with other servlet/jsp
containers.  It's also reliable, so I cant see a reason for you not to use
it.

If you will have 150 users all banging on the application at the same second
you might have to increase maxProcessors attribute in server.xml to handle
at least 150 concurrent requests with 150 threads, but usually 150 users is
not much.

Hope it helps
-reynir