tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wayne Chang" <wch...@pnwsoft.com>
Subject RE: Precompiling JSPs
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:19:02 GMT
Andoni,

Justin Ruthenbeck helped me with this situation.  Direct your browser to:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html
and look at "Web Application Compilation".  See if that helps you.

Best regards,

Wayne Chang
Pacific Northwest Software
Mobile:     (978) 869-3446
Email:       wchang@pnwsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Andoni [mailto:andoni@indigo.ie]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 6:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Precompiling JSPs

Hello,

I have a build.cmd file that I have had and modified for every project
I've done for years.  I should probably go learn ANT or some other build
technique but for now I want to do this the command line way.  I'm not
even sure if ANT will do what I want.

I want to have my .jsp files made into .java files (easy) then compiled
into .class files (hard) before starting my Tomcat.  That way I can see
any syntax errors in my .jsp files.

If I do this at the moment I get a load of errors where one JSP which is
included in another uses variables which are only declared in the major
one.

Is there a way to compile the .java files the way Tomcat does (which
takes account of included .jsp's)?

Does ANT create .class files?

Thanks in advance.

Andoni.