tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Lewis" <james.le...@goodtechnology.com>
Subject RE: Catalina api and Jars
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:15:12 GMT
> but I can use:

I assume you mean can't.

> org.apache.ant.*;
>
> is there a list of jar files somewhere that I have overlooked?
> I'm assuming that if I have then I need to add that dir to my classpath.

There is also the server directory: <CATALINA_BASE>/server/lib, however (and
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) these jars, which include
"catalina-ant.jar" etc are not accessible from within your webapps for
security reasons (and as Master Shapira might say:), very good ones.

>From the tomcat class loader docs for 4.1x
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/class-loader-howto.html):

"Catalina - This class loader is initialized to include all classes and
resources required to implement Tomcat 4 itself. These classes and resources
are TOTALLY invisible to web applications. All unpacked classes and
resources in:

$CATALINA_HOME/server/classes, as well as classes and resources in JAR files
under $CATALINA_HOME/server/lib, are made visible through this class loader.
By default, that includes the following: "<snip>

Cheers,

james