tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Eastham" <andy.east...@gliant.com>
Subject RE: getting a reply like this.
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 14:47:18 GMT
Anto,

When you post to this list, the mail gets distributed to various
subscribers, some of whom are behind companies anti-spam filters that range
from crap to fuxxing useless.  These antispam filters all seem to be poorly
written and poorly configured, so that they allow in most spam but reject
most legitimate mail.  When they decide that your message is spam (eg you
wrote something like "thread xxx has terminated"), they send you a message,
that they somehow think doesn't constitute spam, back to you to inform you
that you are the lowest form of low-life on the planet, even though you may
have been actively trying to help one of their employees for free...

In fact, these anti-spam filters send me more unwanted mail than do
spammers.

Rest assured that the annoying message is coming from individual recipients
of the list, and not the list itself.  Most subscribers will have received
the message gracefully and not questioned your legitimacy to exist :-)

All the best,

Andy