tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Collins, Jim" <jim.coll...@uk.nomura.com>
Subject RE: Is possible to run JAX-RPC under Tomcat?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:28:36 GMT
Try

http://ws.apache.org/

I have used axis and it is OK.

Regards

Jim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Shaw [mailto:tim@everserve.co.uk]
Sent: 10 June 2003 08:42
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Is possible to run JAX-RPC under Tomcat?

Take a look at JWSDP 1.1 from Sun - it's a fully configured Web Services
setup for Tomcat 4.1.2, and it 'works out of the box' (ish :-)

I note that http://java.sun.com/webservices/ has a 1.2 version, but I
haven't tried that (yet).

G'luck

tim

Shapira, Yoav wrote:
> Howdy,
> Tomcat is a servlet container.  It doesn't support all the web services
> APIs by itself.  You can download JAX-RPC and a JAX-RPC implementation
> and use them in your tomcat-served webapp by putting the relevant jars
> in the WEB-INF/lib directory of your webapp.
>
> In the future, if JAX-RPC (the API at least) becomes part of the JDK,
> tomcat may provide its own implementation or (more likely) come bundled
> with a JAX-RPC implementation such as the one from Axis.
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium ChemInformatics

sender.  Thank you.

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.