tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: context.xml in META-INF directory
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2003 13:08:50 GMT
AFAIK, context.xml is only required by Tomcat Manager app and thus it has to
be located in META-INF in war.

-----Original Message-----
From: White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD) [mailto:Joshua.White@thehartford.com]
Sent: June 30, 2003 6:58 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: context.xml in META-INF directory

Hello all,

Does tomcat automatically look for a context.xml file in the META-INF
directory?  Can I just deploy the war or am I better off deploying the war
by placing the context.xml file in the webapps directory?  Is there a best
practice for using the context.xml file?

Regards,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.