tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat's Ant Tasks
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:23:24 GMT
Do you use Tomcat? Do you start Tomcat with -security?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Shaw [mailto:tim@everserve.co.uk]
Sent: June 25, 2003 11:34 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat's Ant Tasks

Personally, I use deploy/undeploy, even during development - saves
worrying about copying files around and mapping network drives etc
(apart from anything, I run load-tests automatically on both W2K and
Linux servers, scripted from Ant). This is the way I work remotely/in
production, and it's not a big overhead ... although I'd like to see
recommendations as to size/whatever where performance difference became
'significant' [5 secs?]. For development I just have a local
TC/MySQL/... setup - the only thing I ever need to change is the server
hostname.

Anyone think a comment on the plus/minus of the approaches worth
following up?

Thanks

tim