tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <Phillip....@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat's Ant Tasks
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:58:05 GMT
As I said in my previous post, I gave up using tomcat ant task to deploy my
app on production box due to the difficulty of granting permission to war.
If you don't start tomcat -security, catalina ant tasks are still the
easiest way to go.

My lesson learnt from using Catalina tasks is, most of the errors are caused
by wrong path= and/or war=. Following suggestions are based on linux

- install:

path="${your.app.path}"
war="file:/${your.unpacked.dir.containing.your.webapp}" or
war="jar:file:/${your.dir.containing.war}/${your.war}!/"

- remove: only works if you've "install"ed before

path="${your.app.path}"

- reload

path="${your.app.path}"

Other comments:

Theoretically, correct me if I am wrong, if I install my webapp from my
local dev box to remote server, install task will lock your local dir as
in-use on win32 box.