tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <p...@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat Manager deploy and undeploy
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:48:09 GMT
There is nothing wrong with both of you. My interpretation is inaccurate. It
should be:

1. *Tomcat Manager* deployed myapp from myapp.war
2. *Tomcat* unpacked myapp.war because unpackWar="true" in server.xml

Since context's docBase is the war (if deployed by *Tomcat Manager*), it
makes no sense unpacking the war.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Christmann [mailto:paul@priorartisans.com]
Sent: June 5, 2003 1:54 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat Manager deploy and undeploy

> Phillip Qin wrote:
>> - war is uploaded to $CATALINA/work/Standalone/my.host/manager;
 >> - war is unpacked into $CATALIAN_HOME/webapps/myapp;

 > Jacob Kjome wrote:
> completely false

I have to agree with Phillip -- I've seen (and reliably reproduced) this
behavior with Tomcat 4.1.24-LE.  The only way I got around problems
caused by this (undeploy would not work if the app had been unpacked in
the CATALINA_HOME/webapps folder, but remove would) was to modify the
distributed server.xml, adding unpackWARs="false" to the <Host> entry.

I'd love to know *what* (if anything) I'm doing wrong, or have
configured wrong.  But I've reproduced this multiple times on 3
different Windows 2X servers with clean 4.1.24-LE installations.

PC