tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Qin <p...@shareowner.com>
Subject RE: problem with updating an web app through manager app (linux w ork, win no)
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 17:53:27 GMT
I assume that you put your webapp's context in server.xml, something like

<Context path="/myapp" docBase="myapp"
        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="false">

		prefix="myapp_log." suffix=".txt"
		timestamp="true"/>

<Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container" type="javax.mail.Session"/>

<ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
	<parameter>
		<name>mail.smtp.host</name>
		<value>exchange.myhost.com</value>
	</parameter>
</ResourceParams>

</Context>

Before I use Tomcat Manager to deploy myapp, I stored this context in an XML
file called myapp.xml, drop it off $CATALINA_HOME/webapps and copy my app
files to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp. With Tomcat Manager, I have to use
context.xml to let the manager extract it from myapp.war.