tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abid Ali Teepo" <>
Subject I get an exception when i stop tomcat ?
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:04:58 GMT

I get a : Cannot assign requested address when i stop tomcat. I have
only installed it yet and done nothing else then a start and a stop. The version is 4.1.24.
I use the start and stop scripts that are included in the installation.

Everything works, i can see the tomcat page on localhost port 8080, and i even changed
the port to 9090, and it still works, so i don't think this is a port number issue.

When i doubleclick the stop script i get this message in the window that started tomcat :

F:\acs>E:\Java\jdk1.3.1\bin\java.exe -jar -Duser.dir="E:\Program Files\Apache Gr
oup\Tomcat 4.1" "E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin\bootstrap.jar" start
[INFO] Registry - -Loading registry information
[INFO] Registry - -Creating new Registry instance
[INFO] Registry - -Creating MBeanServer
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 9090
Starting service Tomcat Standalone Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 9090
[INFO] ChannelSocket - -JK2: ajp13 listening on
[INFO] JkMain - -Jk running ID=0 time=10/130  config=E:\Program Files\Apache Gro
up\Tomcat 4.1\conf\
Stopping service Tomcat-Standalone Cannot assign requested address: connect
        at Method)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.destroy(
        at org.apache.jk.server.JkMain.stop(
        at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.destroy(
        at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.stop(
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message