tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carlos <Car...@pbsinet.com>
Subject Mimetype settings for Tomcat???
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:06:28 GMT
Hi Forum,
Is there a setting for tomcat that I must activate in order to use pdf
files?  The application/pdf mime type appears in the configuration for the
web server (Apache, pot 80).  I am trying to upload a pdf file with a
servlet running in Tomcat (port 8080) but the file is uploaded as a text
file rather than pdf.  When I try to open the uploaded file, Acrobat is not
launched and I just see the text of the file.  On the other hand, if I
upload the same file via FTP (binary), Acrobat is launched and can view the
file very well.

Thanks in advance for your response