tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Filip Hanik" <m...@filip.net>
Subject RE: In memory session replication and session listeners?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 04:19:00 GMT
The session listener is only notified on the machine the value actually gets
set.
Session data doesn't get replicated using the setAttribute/removeAttribute
methods, but pure serialization.

And for now, the clustering doesn't have a public API to send your own data
through it.
one way you an do it, is to implement the java.io.Externilizable interface,
and when the data gets
deserialized, then set the stuff in your global variable, just remember to
only set it once.

do you see where I am going with this?

Filip