tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Januski, Ken" <kjanu...@phillynews.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat problems every morning.
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 16:25:25 GMT
For what it's worth I use Tomcat 4.0 and mySQL in production environment and
don't have any of the aforementioned problems. I DO restart mySQL from
script on daily basis but I never had any problems that caused me to do so.
I just wanted a daily backup of the database and daily transactions and for
me the simplest way to do it was to just stop the service, do whatever I
needed and then restart. But I had no problems before I switched to the
daily restart.

I'd have to check what version of mySQL and driver that I'm using. You're
probably using newer ones and there may be problems with them that I don't
have with mine.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chong Yu Meng [mailto:chongym@cymulacrum.net]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 12:08 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat problems every morning.

Geralyn M Hollerman wrote:

>For the stuff I'm working with, *I'm* the DBA.

Oops ! Sorry to hear that ! I've never had much luck with MySQL myself,
because it has some pretty funky methods of configuring permissions. I
use Firebird when I can. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it isn't Tomcat that is
causing the problems, because it seems that your problem is pretty
regular (every 8 hours ?). I could be wrong, but I'd look at the
database. Connection pooling is not enabled by default in Tomcat.

Regards,
pascal chong