tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Damien Cymbal" <d_cym...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is this a valid HTTP response?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 14:59:40 GMT
I've uncovered a condition with 4.0.3 where the following response is
returned to the client:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:37:02 GMT
Connection: close
Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)

Tomcat does not close the connection however which is causing the two
clients I've tested against (IE 6.0 and curl) to hang in their read loops.
I've been digging in RFC 2616 to try and understand who is at fault here,
and my understanding is that since there is no Content-Length returned and
the response is not chunked-encoded that the client should read until the
connection is closed.  Am I understanding this propertly, and if so, is this
a known problem?

Tomcat is running on Win2k SP3 in this case.

Thanks.

dc