tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: RE: RE: RE: Getting servlet to run
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:03:21 GMT
O.K., that caused the effect I was looking for. Based on this result, I changed the code in
the JSP that called the servlet. I modified the action attribute for the form that calls the

old version: action="servlet/chapter2.login"
new version: action="chapter2/login"

Thanks to everyone who responded. I think I can carry on from here. I recognize the need to
understand the basics, but I need a crack to plant my toe in so I can learn by experimenting.
This has given me that toe-hold.
Charles Knell - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Sent:     Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:45:46 -0400
To:       "Tomcat Users List" <>
Subject:  RE: RE: RE: Getting servlet to run

What happens when you go to http://yourhost/chapter2/login ?

> The docs on the Tomcat site haven't been much help so far. Either the
>stuff I need to know isn't there, or I don't know enough yet to ask the
>kind of questions that will yield the information I need to solve the

The tomcat documentation assumes familiarity with the servlet
specification.  This you can get from any number of books out there or
the Servlet Specification itself, downloadable from

Alternatively, you could just ask specific question, e.g. "what is
servlet-mapping and how to do I use it?" and you'll get good answers.
This is not a complete substitute for understanding the basics, but will
get you started.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: