tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: RE: Getting servlet to run
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:49:06 GMT
My book lists this servlet element to be included in the web.xml file in the application root
directory. I had already added it, so my the web.xml file for my non-functioning servlet looks
like this:

  '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN'

Any thoughts?
Charles Knell - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Sent:     Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:01:38 -0400
To:       "Tomcat Users List" <>
Subject:  RE: Getting servlet to run

Part of the problems with books is that they fall out of date with the
product.  Specifically here, the invoker servlet is disabled by default
in tomcat 4.1.24.  The invoker servlet is what runs URLs like

You can comment in the invoker servlet mapping in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml, or properly define and map your servlets in
the web.xml file for your applications.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

View raw message