tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ckn...@onebox.com
Subject RE: RE: RE: Getting servlet to run
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:42:24 GMT
I've read over the archives for relevant messages. This one (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=104327383710262&w=2),
contains a sample <servlet-mapping> element for the web.xml file. Based on that, me
new (and as yet still un-workable) web.xml file looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
  '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN'
  'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_3.dtd'>

<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>chapter2.login</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>login</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/chapter2/login</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

I have stopped and restarted my Tomcat after the changes were made.

 The docs on the Tomcat site haven't been much help so far. Either the stuff I need to know
isn't there, or I don't know enough yet to ask the kind of questions that will yield the information
I need to solve the problem.

Your contributions will be gratefully received. Thanks again.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@onebox.com - email