tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hans Schmid" <Hans.Sch...@einsurance.de>
Subject More than one lbworker possible with mod_jk 1.2.3 ?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 06:43:56 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to setup a scenario where I would like to have more
than one lbworker active. I can't get it to work.

My question before I investigate further:

Is it possible to have multiple lbworkers defined in mod_jk1 (Tomcat 3.3.1),
each serving 2 or more Tomcats with different webapps?

Everything works perfect if I declare only a single lbworker and
several normal other workers.

since it reads 'The loadbalancer (type lb) workers' (plural) I suspect the
answer is YES

#
# The loadbalancer (type lb) workers perform wighted round-robin
# load balancing with sticky sessions.
# Note:
#  ----> If a worker dies, the load balancer will check its state
#        once in a while. Until then all work is redirected to peer
#        workers.
worker.lb-einsurance.type=lb
worker.lb-einsurance.balanced_workers=ajp13-01, ajp13-02, ajp13-sb
worker.lb-einsurance.local_worker_only=0

worker.lb-classic.type=lb
worker.lb-classic.balanced_workers=ajp13-js01, ajp13-js-sb
worker.lb-classic.local_worker_only=0

worker.lb-ecredit.type=lb
worker.lb-ecredit.balanced_workers=ajp13-ec01, ajp13-ec-sb
worker.lb-ecredit.local_worker_only=0

And here the worker.list

worker.list=lb-einsurance, lb-classic ,lb-ecredit, ajp13-einvest-01,
ajp13-consors-01, ajp13-bo01

All the workers are defined (ajp13)

Thanks for helping,
Hans