tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dave Weitzel <dweit...@avectra.com>
Subject Switching to virtual hosts gives permission error
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2003 19:43:23 GMT
I am setting up RH Linux with Apache 1.3.27 and tomcat 3.3.1a

I am able to set up in initial sites and access directly with Tomcat (port
8080) and also individually with Apache and Tomcat (ajp13)

However as soon as I enable NameVirtualHost * in the httpd.conf and put
<VirtualHost *> </VirtualHost> around the JkMount directives with associated
DocumentRoot and ServerName entries I get Apache reporting:

Forbidden

You do not have access to / (or whatever URL I type in.)

Has anyone seen this before?

Dave Weitzel | Consulting Manager Teamware

Avectra - A Teamware Partner

dweitzel@avectra.com <mailto:dweitzel@avectra.com>

phone: +1 703 394 0980 ext 1241 fax: +1 703 394 0985

cell phone: + 1 240 401 9505.