tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: RE: RE: Getting servlet to run
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:45:46 GMT

Howdy,

What happens when you go to http://yourhost/chapter2/login ?

> The docs on the Tomcat site haven't been much help so far. Either the
>stuff I need to know isn't there, or I don't know enough yet to ask the
>kind of questions that will yield the information I need to solve the
>problem.

The tomcat documentation assumes familiarity with the servlet
specification.  This you can get from any number of books out there or
the Servlet Specification itself, downloadable from
java.sun.com/servlets.

Alternatively, you could just ask specific question, e.g. "what is
servlet-mapping and how to do I use it?" and you'll get good answers.
This is not a complete substitute for understanding the basics, but will
get you started.

Yoav Shapira