tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: RE: RE: Getting servlet to run
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:45:46 GMT

What happens when you go to http://yourhost/chapter2/login ?

> The docs on the Tomcat site haven't been much help so far. Either the
>stuff I need to know isn't there, or I don't know enough yet to ask the
>kind of questions that will yield the information I need to solve the

The tomcat documentation assumes familiarity with the servlet
specification.  This you can get from any number of books out there or
the Servlet Specification itself, downloadable from

Alternatively, you could just ask specific question, e.g. "what is
servlet-mapping and how to do I use it?" and you'll get good answers.
This is not a complete substitute for understanding the basics, but will
get you started.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: