tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: XP - JDev - forward() - NoSuchMethodException
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:13:34 GMT

Howdy,

>well. So how can I tell tomcat to only look in
($CATALINA_HOME/common/lib).

This is a JDeveloper-specific question.  Make sure there's no
servlet.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory of your web application.

>Also, wouldn't tomcat throw an Exception on startup if it were
attempting
>to load another servlet.jar?

No, it's not allowed to.

>This is the stack trace:
<snip>
>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>javax.servlet.http.HttpSessionBindingEvent.(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpSes
sion
>;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V

This is COMPLETELY different from the subject line of this thread and
your original question ;) ;)  Oddly enough, I think the reason might be
the same (conflicting servlet.jar files).

What is the object you're trying to put into the session (via
setAttribute) when this exception occurs?

Yoav Shapira