tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: XP - JDev - forward() - NoSuchMethodException
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:46:57 GMT

Howdy,

>I'm sorry to be so inspecific. In my doGet() I get an instance of the
>RequestDispatcher I need and then call forward(request,response). I'm
sorry
>to have not said all that. Any further advice will be appreciated.

OK ;)  I didn't think it would be so simple.

It's hard to help without you giving the stack trace.  My guess is,
since your code compiles, that you have another servlet.jar in your
runtime classpath.  This one collides with tomcat's
($CATALINA_HOME/common/lib) servlet.jar and causes the NoSuchMethod
exception.

Yoav Shapira

>>From: "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com>
>>To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>Subject: RE: XP - JDev - forward() - NoSuchMethodException
>>Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:11:11 -0400
>>

>>Howdy,
>>Umm, there IS no such method ;)  You have to include the request and
>>response as parameters to the forward method of RequestDispatcher.
I'm