tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Best versions - of Tomcat to run with apache
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:39:33 GMT

Howdy,

>Do you (have to for your app.) also run a certificate and or any HTTPS
>pages? Or do I genuinely need Apache for such things?

I've used tomcat standalone for SSL/HTTPS services in production, with a
3rd party certificate -- no problems at all.  This was tomcat 4.1.24,
JDK 1.4.1, Solaris 8 -- so Coyote/HTTP 1.1 connector.  I found the SSL
HOW-TO to be more than sufficient:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/ssl-howto.html

Yoav Shapira