tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: disable session support in Tomcat
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:53:29 GMT

Howdy,
The Servlet Specification requires container to support sessions.  So no, you can't disable
it ;)  You can:

- Download the tomcat source and hack out the session-related items, rebuild it, and have
your own session-less servlet container ;)

- Have very short session timeouts, e.g. 1 minute.

- Rethink why you want sessions disabled ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics