tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: probelm running webapp on tomcat 4.1.24
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:14:48 GMT

Howdy,

>I've just installed tomcat 4.1.24, because it supports multiple
developers
>using a single install (we used to use tomcat 3. The guy who set that
up is

As an aside, for development I strongly suggest each developer have a
completely separate tomcat installation.  It doesn't cost you any money,
doesn't take much space nor time to install, and can save a lot of
headaches.

>Tomcat runs fine using my own specific CATALINA_BASE, but as soon as I
put
>in my own war file into the $CATALINA_BASE/webapps, I can't get it to
>start.

Is the war packed?  Does the server.xml have unpackWARs="true"?

>I'm NOT running startup.sh with the '-security' flag, but these are my
>(edited) error messages:
>
>java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
(java.io.FilePermission
>/tmp/giera_l/tomcat/webapps/vpp/WEB-INF
>/classes/my/package/uk/vportal/service/frontend/ServiceManager.class
read)
>        at
>java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext
.jav
>a:272)
>        at
>java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:39
9)
>        at
>java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:545)

Something is starting the security manager... ;)

Yoav Shapira