tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Best way to deploy an application?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:57:18 GMT

Howdy,
I think it's enlightening to see two tomcat developers using different
methods for the same task: I do almost the opposite of what Tim does ;)

I like to keep the .war files packed, my server set to
unpackWARs="false", autoDeploy="false", and I use an ant task
(self-written, not from catalina-ant.jar, but very close) that assembles
the .war file and copies it into the webapps directory.  I restart the
server manually.

All the approaches are fine I think.  It's nice to have choices.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics