tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: ClassNotFoundException
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:13:46 GMT

Howdy,

>I use the following software:
>+ Tomcat 4.1.24 or Tomcat 4.0.6

Let's stick to one ;)  Tomcat 4.1.24.

>When the web application tries to read the blob from the database a
>ClassNotFoundException is thrown in the
com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSet.getObject
>method while "wading" the object input stream.

Can you post the entire stack trace?  Can you post your code that's
reading the blob?  What is the name of the class that not found, and is
that class available in the WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/classes directory of
your webapp?

>I tried what Sriram Narayanan writes in his message of 21 feb 2002 (put
the
>mysql jar not only in the $CATALINE/common/lib directory but also in
the
>$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/<webapp name>/WEB-INF/classes/lib directory)

This shouldn't be necessary.  Put the mysql jar in one location,
preferably WEB-INF/lib.

Post the above details and hopefully we can help more.

Yoav Shapira