tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: RE: Restart program
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:52:09 GMT

Howdy,

>That sounds great does anyone have any code examples or know where to
find
>it? That would really help me to see structure and so on beacause I'm
>rookie when it comes to java programing.

See the JavaDoc for javax.servlet.ServletContextListener, and the
java.lang.Thread class.  A skeleton example would like:

class MyCleanupThread extends Thread {
  MyCleanupThread(...) {
  }

  public void run() {
    // Make sure to properly handle
    // InterruptedException here
  }
}

public class MyContextListener implements ServletContextListener {
   // Called on startup
   public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event) {
   }

   // Called on shutdown
   public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent event) {
     Thread cleaner = new MyCleanupThread(...);
     cleaner.start();
   }
}

Yoav Shapira