tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Customizing 401 Error Page (this should be easy)
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:40:11 GMT

Howdy,

>Here's the only entry in the log:
>127.0.0.1 - - [13/Jun/2003:09:26:58 -0600] "GET /LMS/index.jsp
HTTP/1.1"
>200
>428

Clean your browser's cache and repeat the test.  The above shows the
index.jsp was requested and returned without a problem.

>If I remove the error-page element from the web.xml file everything
works
>fine. I was hoping to use my own custom error page for 401 errors when
>user of my application forgets his userId/password or clicks Cancel
form
>the Authentication login dialog. Also, I have debug set at 99.

How are you handling the cancel in the login dialog or the wrong
password?  Redirect?  Forward?  Set response code to 401?

If you can post your index.jsp code, we could probably help more...

Yoav Shapira