tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Servlet thread safety
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2003 16:28:53 GMT

Howdy,
You didn't miss it.  No such guarantee exists for normal servlets.  See
the javax.servlet.SingleThreadModel interface for one approach to this
issue.

However, many people will tell you to avoid SingleThreadModel for
various reasons.  I tend to agree.  The design and implementation of
your servlets should not depend on the synchronization of their service
methods by the container.  If you have shared resources put them in
objects (often singletons) outside the servlets.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics