tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: check for session
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:42:23 GMT

Howdy,
Consider using a Filter as follows:

public void doFilter(...) {
  if(request instanceof HttpServletRequest) {
    HttpSession theSession = ((HttpServletRequest)
request).getSession();
    if(theSession.getAttribute("dmSession") == null) {
      // Redirect to login page, print out error message, whatever
    }
  }

  // Pass the request on
  chain.doFilter(request, response);
}

Map this filter to whatever you need authenticated (/* is one
possibility).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics