tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Help with registering a listener
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2003 15:46:37 GMT

Howdy,
Listeners are a servlet specification 2.3 feature, so you wouldn't find
them in the DTD version 2.2.

Your XML <listener> element is correct and sufficient to register a
listener in a servlet specification 2.3 container, like tomcat 4.x.  The
listener class must be available to tomcat: the proper place to put it
is the WEB-INF/lib (if it's in a jar) or WEB-INF/classes (if it's not in
a jar) of your webapp.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd