tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Problem implementing JAAS in Tomcat 4.1.2
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:50:46 GMT

Howdy,
Oh boy... See intermixed.

>I've used this code in Weblogic 6.X without any problem. If
>this could be done in Weblogic, then there is NO reason why we can't do
it

Of course there is.  Tomcat's configuration is different than Weblogic's
configuration.  Weblogic provides a superset of the servlet
specification, not to mention a complete J2EE container.  Unless "this
code", "this", and "it" in the above sentence relate directly to the
servlet specification, v2.3, the above is false.

>Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong? Or perhaps point me in the
right
>direction.

Read the JAASRealm JavaDoc for starters:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/docs/api/index.
html

Actually look at the example JAASRealm to see what attributes it takes.
Don't just assume it takes the same attribute names as the weblogic
equivalent.

>      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
debug="99"
>   loginContext="JAASPolicy"

callbackHandler="cdmanager.security.tomcat.JAASLoginCallbackHandler"/>

This is meaningless as these are not the attributes expected by
JAASRealm.

>// ContainerAuthentication.java
<snip>

This is irrelevant as the JAASRealm is not configured correctly.

Yoav Shapira