tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <>
Subject RE: Problem implementing JAAS in Tomcat 4.1.2
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:50:46 GMT

Oh boy... See intermixed.

>I've used this code in Weblogic 6.X without any problem. If
>this could be done in Weblogic, then there is NO reason why we can't do

Of course there is.  Tomcat's configuration is different than Weblogic's
configuration.  Weblogic provides a superset of the servlet
specification, not to mention a complete J2EE container.  Unless "this
code", "this", and "it" in the above sentence relate directly to the
servlet specification, v2.3, the above is false.

>Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong? Or perhaps point me in the

Read the JAASRealm JavaDoc for starters:

Actually look at the example JAASRealm to see what attributes it takes.
Don't just assume it takes the same attribute names as the weblogic

>      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
>   loginContext="JAASPolicy"

This is meaningless as these are not the attributes expected by

This is irrelevant as the JAASRealm is not configured correctly.

Yoav Shapira

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message