tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: Problems starting Tomcat from CD
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:23:27 GMT

Howdy,

>ContextConfig[/applicator]: Exception processing JAR at resource path
>/WEB-INF/lib/servlets-common.jar
>javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing JAR at resource
>path /WEB-INF/lib/servlets-common.jar
>at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java
:
>930)

Look at the relevant code:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/
apache/catalina/startup/ContextConfig.java?rev=1.67&content-type=text/vn
d.viewcvs-markup

>Our question is: Can we prevent Tomcat from trying to write onto CD
>while processing the JAR? And how?

>Also interesting for us: What does Tomcat do while processing JARs?

It's open source ;)  Take a look, same URL as above.

>Our second problem is sessions:
>
>StandardManager[/applicator]: IOException while saving persisted
>sessions:
>java.io.FileNotFoundException:
>Z:\webserver\work\Standalone\localhost\applicator\SESSIONS.ser (Zugriff
>verweigert)
>at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
>[... more tracing information ...]

You can use the pathname attribute to set where the sessions are saved:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/manager.html#Rest
art%20Persistence

Or you can wrap StandardManager in your own implementation, overriding
the sessions saving/restoring (thereby breaking parts of the Servlet
Specification possibly), and delegating the rest to the StandardManager.

Yoav Shapira