tomcat-users mailing list archives

From marc.lehm...@infineon.com
Subject How do I easily set logging verbosity for coyote and the like?
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:02:52 GMT
Hi *,

I'm using Tomcat 5.0.2 and J2SDK1.4.2 beta. The Tomcat log fills up with a
lot of INFO messages which I wouldn't like to see. (Stdout and stderr are
redirected to files.) Tweaking the debug and/or the verbosity attributes for
the respective components in server.xml has no effect with respect to
suppressing those messages. As logging is ultimately managed by
java.util.logging or log4j I can certainly tweak logging.properties or
log4j.properties respectively. However, it would be much more convenient to
configure all aspects of Tomcat logging in server.xml. There may also be
side-effects as the configuration for java.util.logging holds for the entire
JDK (at least if I don't pass a dedicated logging.properties to Tomcat at
start-up).

Is this "separation" by design? Are changes in the pipeline for forthcoming
Tomcat versions? If not, does anyone have an easy solution/work-around?

Regards,
Marc