tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Courtney" <Jcourt...@inphonic.com>
Subject RE: Mod_rewrite and mod_jk2
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:40:32 GMT
Apparently if you move the loading of mod_jk2 after the loading of mod_rewrite in httpd.conf
this corrects the problem...

Jamey

-----Original Message-----
From: James Courtney
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 11:47 AM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Mod_rewrite and mod_jk2

Hey all,
	We're using Apache 2.0.45 as a pure load-balancer for two Tomcat 4.1.24 instances.  Apache
serves no content and redirects /* to the Tomcats (using the uri element of the workers2.properties).
 We have some rewrite rules that massage some URL's based on the domain name the user is accessing
our site with.

For Example:

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mysite.com
  RewriteRule ^$ /some/url/mysite [PT]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.myothersite.com
  RewriteRule ^$ /some/url/myothersite [PT]

We're and ASP and basically have customer specific URLS for our product which should redirect
the customer to the correct logon page for our app with their branding.  mod_jk2 seems to
intercept all requests prior to mod_rewrite getting a crack at it.  Is there some way to let
mod_rewrite get first shot at the URL before the urls are handed off to tomcat?

Thanks!

Jamey