tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Courtney" <Jcourt...@inphonic.com>
Subject Mod_rewrite and mod_jk2
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:46:44 GMT
Hey all,
	We're using Apache 2.0.45 as a pure load-balancer for two Tomcat 4.1.24 instances.  Apache
serves no content and redirects /* to the Tomcats (using the uri element of the workers2.properties).
 We have some rewrite rules that massage some URL's based on the domain name the user is accessing
our site with.

For Example:

  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.mysite.com
  RewriteRule ^$ /some/url/mysite [PT]
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.myothersite.com
  RewriteRule ^$ /some/url/myothersite [PT]

We're and ASP and basically have customer specific URLS for our product which should redirect
the customer to the correct logon page for our app with their branding.  mod_jk2 seems to
intercept all requests prior to mod_rewrite getting a crack at it.  Is there some way to let
mod_rewrite get first shot at the URL before the urls are handed off to tomcat?

Thanks!

Jamey